I’ve spent a few days in Southern California with a bunch of really smart people...a few hundred Christian CEO’s from places near and far. It was a wonderful combination of deep spirituality, world class humor, inspiring business performance, and unique perspectives.
Here’s gems I pulled away from just 5 of the sessions - so hard to choose just 5...
- “(On earth)...there are only two things that are eternal: God’s Word and man’s soul”. He showed his passion for both by letting us know that the Bible museum is the real deal, scheduled to open in late 2017. - Steve Green - President, Hobby Lobby
- One way to share the Gospel in a corporate setting “Speak in scripture, but don’ t quote chapter and verse”. Also challenged us to Dare To Serve - Cheryl Bachelder - CEO, Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen
- Remain mission true by 1) Believing the Gospel matters, 2) Believing that drift happens, 3) Differentiating the mission from the means, and 4) Hiring for heart and head - Peter Greer, President and CEO of Hope International
- "You can’t be anywhere but where you are right now” - Chris McCluskey, President, Professional Christian Coaching Institute
- “We should have calloused hands and a soft heart...not the other way around” - Johnnie Moore, Chief of Staff / VP, LightWorkers Media
And one for fun…from the stage to a guy in the audience that had said he was a hunter...
“You’re a dove hunter? Really? Good thing you weren’t around during Jesus’ time...when the Spirit came like a dove…” Comedian Nazareth