You rush from the family event on Sunday afternoon in hopes of catching the 4th quarter. A quick glimpse of the score tells you everything:
- Up by 30: Instant satisfaction
- Tied: Get ready for the battle
- Down by 30: Take a knee
October is here (4th Quarter)! What is the scoreboard saying about your 2016 Strategic Plan?
- Up by 30:
- Get while the getting is good – run up the score!
- Let everybody play and enjoy the process
- Start planning the end of the year bonuses
- Clarify and reinforce the goal(s) one more time
- Focus – Focus – Focus: Every play counts
- Hold it loosely and adjust as needed
- Down By 30
- Call timeout
- Regroup with a new realistic end of the year target
- Go make a first down and regain some positive momentum
What gets measured gets done. If you don’t have a simple method of keeping score for your critical initiatives, you might want to consider setting one up as a 4th quarter priority.