How do you coach your associate to own their StrengthsFinder talent themesand turn them into Strengths?
Remember a talent theme is defined as a naturally recurring pattern of thinking, feeling, and behaving that can be productively applied. WOO (Winning Others Over) has the potential to being drawn toward strangers and making a connection.
Strength is defined by Gallup as the ability to consistently provide near-perfect performance in a specific activity. An example of turning WOO into a strength is the ability to build a network of supporters who know you and are ready to help you.
Here is my process and questions to coach others to turn talent into strength. (By the way email firstname.lastname@example.org if you want the worksheet)
- What is the name and # of my talent theme? Ex: Individualization is #2
- What is the Gallup definition of my talent theme? Individualization is intrigue with unique qualities of people. They have a gift for figuring out how different people can work together productively.
- What are the 3 best words or phrases from your Gallup Insight Report that best describe this strength in me? * You can easily identify what people are thinking and feeling. * You intuitively understand people’s hopes, fears, joys, and sorrows. * You can predict how someone will react in different situations.
- What are the best stories from your life that demonstrate this strength? It is not uncommon for people to open up to me about their hopes and dreams one on one. Away from the hustle and bustle of life they can get perspective to help them with goals, relationships, and life.
- How does this strengths work for me? How does this strength work for others? Individualization easily builds trust and rapport with people. It helps me be authentic and perceptive of people. It helps me customize my message. It helps others to feel safe to be confidently vulnerable to gain clarity and perspective for life. This strength is able to ask powerful coaching questions that draw out deep purposes from people’s hearts.
- How does this strength work against me and others? Individualization can slow me down rather than speed me up. I have to be careful not to make assumptions of people and check it out with them directly.
- What are 3 action items to maximize, mobilize and monetize this strength? * Study personality theory, human development & coaching. * Spend quality time asking questions to customize presentations and coaching. * Charge higher prices for one on one VIP Coaching Intensive’s.
- What person or best practice has helped me better develop this strength? Getting me MBS degree, Gallup Certification, and PCCI coaching classes.
- What professional and personal goals can this strength help me achieve? * Become a world class strengths based coach. * Develop more intimate relationships with wife and two kids.
- What is a fun name, memorable motto, or phrase to best remember this strength in me? Strength Spotter
- Write your strength affirmation (Personal, Positive, Present tense, Precise, Purposeful, & Passion) and repeat daily. Brent is easily engaging, coaching and drawing out the best from people successfully with his Individualization strength.
- How many MPH am I driving this strength professionally and personally? (0-40, 40-80, 80-120 on the Strengthometer) I’m driving 75 MPH professionally and 50 MPH personally.
Bring GALLUP Certified Strengths Coach and Convene Resource Specialist Brent O’Bannon to your Forum Day or organization and learn the art and science of Strengths Based Coaching. Learn more at http://brentobannon.com/strengthsfinder-keynote-and-workshops/